The Lord will fight for you while you [only need to] keep silent and remain calm. (Exodus 14:14, AMP)
I want to share my top ten secrets to finding victory in Jesus. I pray that you will put them into practice and find victory in your current situation. May God use the circumstances of your current trial to draw you ever closer to Himself!
Top Ten Secrets to Spiritual Breakthrough
- The Word of God ~ Honestly, I can’t make it through anything without the power of God’s Word. His Word refreshes me, strengthens me, and renews my hope on a daily basis!
“For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)
2. Prayer ~ The prayers of family and friends and the prayers I’ve prayed myself. God answers prayer!
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
3. Love and Support ~ The love and support of my family and friends helps me move forward. Do you have a support team of people you can count on? If not, find one in a local church.
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17)
4. Choosing joyful thoughts ~ Reminding myself on a daily basis that I have a choice to choose joy. Satan can’t steal my joy unless I let him and I’m not going down without a fight!
“Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4)
5. Fixing my eyes on Christ ~ You will always see more clearly if you simply take your eyes off yourself and place them on Jesus!
“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…” (Hebrews 12:2)
6. Using my Gifts & Talents ~ Writing things out helps me to see them differently. This is God’s gift to me. What is a gift God has given you that you can employ when you face a challenge?
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10)
7. Reject thoughts of anxiety, fear, condemnation, and guilt ~ It’s important to recognize these lies from the Enemy and chase them out one by one!
“The thief comes ONLY to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10
8. Create an atmosphere of worship ~ Worship chases the blues away! You can’t worship God and dwell in your sorrows at the same time.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” (Psalm 100:4-5)
9. Let God fight your Battles ~ God is stronger, wiser, and more able to fight. Sometimes we just need to sit still and watch Him go to battle for us!
“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” (Exodus 14:14)
10. Enjoy the moment you’re in! ~ Realize that every thought that dwells on yesterday keeps you from enjoying today. You can’t experience the abundance of God’s grace for today, if you’re still stuck in yesterday!
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:33-34)
Dear Father God, I pray that You will release us from the trouble of yesterday and give us strength for today. Please help us focus our thoughts on You, Your wisdom, Your purpose, and Your plan. May we let go of our agenda and cling to Your promises! May we allow You to be God in and through every situation we face!
Claiming Victory in Jesus,