The Warrior’s Prayer
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:10-12)
I am a warrior. God has equipped me to lead a warrior’s life. I do not have to cower in fear or be anxious of the future. God is my King, my Commanding Officer, and I can show up to the battle lines ready for war. I do that by walking in the full armor of God. This passage of Scripture equips me to walk confidently and in my God-given authority. There is no need for me to shrink back. No need to apologize. It’s time for war and I’m ready!
David Jeremiah offers an incredible prayer to equip us for the warrior’s journey. May you pray this and believe that you too are equipped to do battle against the enemy.
Your warrior prepares for battle.
- Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God!
- I put on the Girdle of Truth! May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word so I will not be a victim of Satan’s lies.
- I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard my heart from evil so I will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.
- I put on the Shoes of Peace! May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so your peace will shine through me and be a light to all I encounter.
- I take the Shield of Faith! May I be ready for Satan’s fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.
- I put on the Helmet of Salvation. May I keep my mind focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.
- I take the Sword of the Spirit! May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.
- By faith your warrior has put on the whole armor of God!
- I am prepared to live this day in spiritual victory!
You can listen to this prayer and find encouragement on David Jeremiah’s site.
Do you feel ill-equipped for battle? Wondering if you have what it takes?
Wondering if God sees you. If He knows you, and if He loves you? If yes, then click to purchase our Priceless resources.
Learn who you are and that you truly are significant. God made you on purpose for His purpose. You are a trophy of His grace and today you can declare “I am priceless.”