Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you… (James 4:7-8)
Let’s take a look at Satan’s playbook. Let’s get a closer look at the tactics he uses in our lives.
Recently, there has been an email circulating with an image of Satan addressing a worldwide convention of demons. There are basically 12 tactics that he gives to the demons. He explains that the demons will have victory over Christians, if they can simply get Christians to do the following 12 things.
1. Keep them busy with nonessentials.
2. Tempt them to spend, spend, spend. Encourage their debt!
3. Get them to work long hours to maintain their empty lifestyles.
4. Discourage them from spending family time, for when homes disintegrate there’s no refuge from work.
5. Overstimulate their minds with television, computers, and video games so that they can’t hear God speaking to them.
6. Fill their coffee tables and nightstands with newspapers and magazines, so they have no time to read the Word.
7. Flood their mailboxes with sweepstakes, promotions and get-rich quick schemes; keep them chasing material things.
8. Put glamorous models on TV and on magazine covers to keep them focused on outward appearances; that way they will be dissatisfied with themselves and their mates.
9. Make sure couples are too exhausted for physical intimacy; that way they’ll be tempted to look elsewhere.
10. Crowd their lives with good things, so that they don’t have room for eternal things.
11. Make them self-sufficient. Keep them working in their own strength, so they never fully experience the joy of God’s power through their weakness.
12. Keep them busy, busy, busy! So busy that they don’t have time to enjoy nature and reflect on God’s creation.
This was adapted from David Jeremiah’s book, “I Never Thought I’d See the Day”.
Is it possible that you have fallen for one or many of these tactics? If so, it’s not too late to reclaim your time, your energy, and your family for the Lord! Take back what Satan has tried to steal from you. Resist the devil and he WILL flee from you (James 4:7). Let’s lean on the Word of God and learn to operate from the strength that He has given us.
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Ephesians 6:10-11)
Let’s take a look at the Armor of God tomorrow and learn how to stand against the Devil’s schemes.
Read more of the Battle Plan James 4
Dear Father God, I know I have fallen for Satan’s schemes a time or two myself. Lord, I pray that you will create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalm 51:10). May I learn to operate from your strength (2 Corinthians 12:9). Please help me reclaim my time, my energy, and my family for you. Please help me not to waste another moment falling for Satan’s schemes.
Learning to Recognize the Devil’s Schemes,