May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:20-21)
We have been studying the names of God this week. I would love to hear what you are learning through this study. How have you come to know the character of God in a new way?
Here are the names of God that we have studied so far:
1. Elohim ~ God is the All-Powerful One, He is the Creator.
2. El Roi ~ The God who sees me.
3. El Shaddai ~ The All Sufficient One, God Almighty.
4. Immanuel ~ God with us.
5. Jehovah Jireh ~ The Lord will provide.
6. Jehovah Mekaddishkem ~ The Lord who sanctifies.
Please read Jehovah Jireh, My Provider for more about this study!
Here are a few more names to help you understand the broad character of our God!
7. Jehovah Nissi ~ The Lord is my Banner. God gives us victory against the flesh. He continues to go before us in all that we face. Our battles are His battles. We are never alone!
He shall say: “Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” (Deuteronomy 20:3-4)
8. Jehovah Rapha ~ The Lord who Heals. God has provided healing for our spiritual, physical, and emotional sickness in Jesus. God can and will heal us!
Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits– who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” (Psalm 103:2-5)
9. Jehovah Rohi ~ The Lord is my Shepherd. The Lord protects, provides, guides and cares for His people. He is tender, strong, and patient. He never loses track of us!
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:1-3)
Dear Jehovah Nissi, You are my banner. I know You go before me in every battle that I face. Thank you for waging war on my behalf and for always coming out victorious. My Jehovah Rapha, my Healer. Lord, You have certainly been the Great Physician in my life. Thank You for healing me from my emotional, spiritual, and physical wounds. My Jehovah Rohi, my Shepherd… Oh Lord, thank You for continued guidance in my life and for being patient with me when I get off track. Thank You for never losing track of me!
Living for God’s Glory,