Yesterday, we explored three of the names of God. Here is a quick refresher…
1. Elohim ~ God is the All-Powerful One, He is the Creator.
2. El Roi ~ The God who sees me.
3. El Shaddai ~ The All Sufficient One, God Almighty.
If you want to read more on this, read Many Hats. Today we will continue with three more names!
4. Immanuel ~ God with us. Jesus is God in our midst. In Jesus, the full Deity dwells in bodily form.
“The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” –which means, “God with us.” ~Matthew 1:23
5. Jehovah Jireh ~ The Lord will provide. God provided His Son Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice for your sins. God will continue to meet all your needs.
Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” ~Genesis 22:13-14
6. Jehovah Mekaddishkem ~ The Lord who sanctifies. God has set us apart as a chosen people, a royal priesthood. He cleanses our sins through Jesus sacrifice and helps us mature.
“May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.” ~1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
Dear Jehovah Jireh, I have seen Your provision time and again in my life. Thank You for being the One who provides for all my needs. Immanuel, Oh how good it is to serve the One who sent Jesus as a living sacrifice for my sins. I love knowing that You are always with me. Jehovah Mekaddishkem, Lord, thank you for setting me aside and cleansing me through the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. May I live my life for Your glory alone!
In God’s Grip of Grace,